Shopping for hemp oil can be overwhelming. Here at Populum, we want to make it easier for customers. We’ve put together some of the fundamental things to look out for when shopping for hemp oil.
1. Know your source: Where do the hemp plants come from?
We always recommend shopping for hemp products that are grown and manufactured in the United States. This is for a couple of reasons.
- When hemp farming became legalized in 2014 (through the FARM Bill), it required hemp farmers to get licensed. The seeds they harvest also have to be inspected. This helps develop a sense of transparency between the manufacturer and customer so that you know you are getting a product that is grown in a safe, healthy environment by farmers approved by the state department of agriculture.
- Brands using domestic US hemp are required to conduct research with either an academic institution or the state’s agricultural department. For example, at Populum, our manufacturing partner works with a major public university to enhance the research behind hemp and CBD.
2. Quality Control: Ask for lab tests
On top of buying your hemp oil from the United States, we also advise asking for a lab report conducted by a 3rd party lab when shopping for hemp CBD extracts. This not only helps assess the quality of the oil to ensure there are no toxins or pesticides, but it also helps customers confirm the concentration of cannabinoids, including CBD. Additionally, quality control measures helps to determine if there are any traces of THC. Your 3rd party lab report should reflect this and make you aware.
Asking for a recent lab report also ensures that the company is keeping up-to-date with their lab tests and that they’re regularly testing their extracts. At Populum, we work with labs to test each batch of our oil. We include a copy of the latest lab result in each order so every customer can review the lab report before trying out our tinctures.
3. Look out for reviews of hemp oil
One of the best and most unbiased ways to evaluate a company and its products is through customer reviews. We recommend browsing for the companies’ reviews, if possible. Such reviews prove to be a great way to learn about other people’s experience with hemp oil. It is also a great way to learn about the overall shopping experience with the company.
4. Review their return policies
Our final piece of advice in what to look for when shopping for hemp CBD oil is the company’s return policy. We believe this to be a true testament on whether a company stands behind its product and quality.
Here at Populum, we know that the idea of hemp oil is a relatively new one for many customers. Our primary goal is to help customers determine if hemp oil is a supplement they enjoy and want to make a part of their daily regime.
That is why we are the first company to offer a 30 day risk free trial, in which a customer is able to purchase the concentration of their choice and give it a fair chance for thirty days. If the hemp oil is not a good fit for her, we offer a full refund within the 30 day period. We stand behind the quality of our products, and want to ensure that our customers are happy with their experience at Populum – even if our hemp oil does not work out for them.